FAQ for Patients
- Do I need to bring prior films/images for my appointment?If you are coming for a mammogram, it is very important to bring any prior films with you to your appointment. It is necessary for the Radiologist to compare your current mammogram to the previous and detect any changes.
- How soon will my doctor get the results of the examination?Routine reports are sent to your doctor within 1-2 days. For urgent studies, reports are sent out same day.
- Who will be conducting the study?An appropriately qualified and registered technologist will be performing the examination. The technologist conducting the study is not permitted to provide you with any findings even preliminary. Please refrain from asking the technologist. The technologist may decide to call a Radiologist to assist with the examination, this is more likely for Ultrasound. A Radiologist reviews the images and provides a report to your doctor.
- Do you provide images for a Specialist review?In some cases where you are seeing a specialist and need to take a copy of the images, the CD is provided to you at no charge. However if you need a personal copy, there is a charge for the CD. You are advised to give us 24 hours notice when you need to collect a CD or film.
- What imaging services do you offer?Our services include:
- Ultrasound- General, Obstetric, Vascular and Musculoskeletal
- Bone Mineral Densitometry
- Mammography – Routine screening (OBSP) and diagnostic
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nuclear Cardiac
- Immigration Chest X-Ray (not covered by OHIP)
- What do I need to come in with?You need to bring a valid OHIP card and a requisition from your doctor for all examinations except for a routine OBSP mammogram screening examination. Where you do not have a valid OHIP card or are a Non- Resident you are expected to pay cash. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
- Do I need an appointment?You do not require an appointment for an X-Ray. These are done as a walk-in. All other examinations are by appointment only. It is advisable to call during office hours and schedule your appointment. If the receptionists are busy you can leave a message and we will call you back.
Copyright © 1969 - 2020 York Radiology Consultants. All Rights Reserved.